Varicose veins treatment with laser (Endovenous laser ablation)
The endovenous laser ablation for varicose veins is the least invasive version of the saphenectomy, and it constitutes the most technologically advanced method in treating varicose veins today.
The method is used with extreme precision and safety in all the stages of the procedure, and the vein is subterfuged through the laser energy that goes directly in its pipe. The technology of the laser is used during the procedure and it is the most state of the art.
The technology of the pioneering fiber Elves Radial results in the 360o diffusion of the laser beam, thus effecting uniformly the perimeter or the pipe of the vein.
The advantages of the endovenous laser ablation for the treatment of varicose veins in comparison with the “old school” saphenectomy are significant:
- The procedure is painless and it is done with specific local anesthetic and it does not include surgical incisions or stitches.
- The procedure is extremely safe and has little to no complications.
- The mobilization is direct, you can walk directly after the procedure.
- The immediate post operating period is painless. The vast majority of patients does not take any painkillers the day of the procedure.
- You can leave the hospital just one or two hours after the completion of the procedure.
- You can return to your daily activities directly, and your return to your place of work can be in a day or two. It is required that you do not do any heavy lifting of over 5 kilos and wear the compression stockings for two weeks.
- The aesthetic result is excellent, and over the months that follow the procedure the marks are non existent.
- The possibility of a relapse after an endovenous laser ablation is far smaller than the one from the classic saphenectomy.